Terhune Orchards in Princeton, New Jersey is a family destination you’ll love! Boasting Pick Your Own fields, a petting zoo and children’s play areas, wine and seasonal events, your family will fall in love with this Mercer County NJ Farm.
About Terhune Orchards in Princeton, New Jersey
- Address: 330 Cold Soil Rd,
Princeton, NJ 08540
This farm on run by over 10 generations of family produces over 200 varieties of fruits and vegetables. What makes this farm unique are the state-recognized sustainability practices and the Orchard run Winery.
Whether you come for a wine and music event, for the numerous pick your own offerings, or for some of the children’s educational events, you’ll be sure you find something you and your family will enjoy at the farm.
- Farm store – open daily, M-F 9-6pm/S-S 9-5pm, all year round.
- Wine Tasting Room – Friday, Saturday, Sunday 12-5pm
- Pick Your Own – Apple Orchard Daily 9-5pm, when in season.
Make sure to check their site for seasonality – the winery and farm store are open year-round.
Need to know before visiting Terhune Orchards NJ
- Choose your shoes wisely! The majority of the walkable area is dirt and/or gravel. Skip open toes shoes and opt for boots or shoes you can get dirty just in case.
- The apple orchard is at a different address. Make sure you put 13 Van Kirk Road into your GPS rather than the farm storm address.
- No outside food, pets, coolers or alcohol is permitted.
What can you find at Terhune Farms
- A variety of animals to say hi to and feed.
- Children’s play areas.
- Pick your own fruits and vegetables when in season.
- a Farm store stocked with fresh pressed cider, pies and homemade baked goods, fresh produce, gift baskets, wine, and more.
- Farm events such as wine music nights and festivals as well as kids’ events and camps.
Terhune Pick Your Own
Pick your own at Terhune Orchards is one of the biggest draws both locally and from afar. Here, you can pick different fruits and vegetables based on their seasonal picking schedule.
Pick your own fruits and vegetables are charged by the pound and require you to purchase a pick your own admission, which also includes access to the maze of sunflower in late summer or corn in fall)
Events at the Orchards
Terhune hosts a variety of events throughout the year, from Winery Sunday Music Series, Wine Trail weekends, and Sunset Sips and Sounds nights to Farm Explorer Camps and classes on herbs or canning.
They also host different festivals throughout the year, such as strawberry festivals and peach festivals. You can find the full schedule and any applicable pricing on their farm events page.
Terhune Winery and Tastings
Who says a day at the farm is just for kids? Be sure to check out the Terhune Orchards Wine both in the farm store and at the offsite Winery. (Address: 330 Cold Soil Road, Princeton)
They offer a lot of fun events from normal tastings to themed Wine Weekends to a variety of different music series.
Wine tastings cost $7/person and you can try 5 different wines. Add $10 and you’ll get a souvenir wine glass to take home.
Terhune Orchards Prices:
Pricing for pick your own is priced per pound and varied per variety.
Admission and parking are free, but some activities may cost a fee.
- Wine tastings – $7/ person, $17/person if you’d like to include a wine glass to take home.
- Read and explore programs – $10/child each time, or purchase a season pass for $54.
- Read and Pick Programs – $8/child each time.
- Fruit festivals – $10/person, under 3 is free.