Seaside Heights Boardwalk has come a long way since it’s Jersey shore days! One of our favorite boardwalks in NJ, the whole family will love Casino Pier and Breakwater Beach waterpark. Packed with amusement park rides, boardwalk games and food galore, Seaside boardwalk is one the whole family will love.
Seaside Heights Boardwalk and Beach
Despite Hurricane Sandy taking out Casino Pier in 2012 and the hit MTV show Jersey Shore doing its own form of damage, this NJ boardwalk is a can’t miss. With affordable and clean beaches, a large boardwalk with arcades, games, and classic boardwalk eats, and an amusement park and waterpark, there’s something for everyone at Seaside Heights.
In past years, Seaside Heights has added more family-friendly attractions and additions, making it a great choice for the whole family. Bonus: parking is affordable and the beaches don’t get nearly as packed at Point Pleasant Boardwalk.
Boardwalk and Beach Hours
The boardwalk is open to the public all year round.
During the summer most attractions and stands open between 10am and 12.
In the summer the beach badges are required from 9-4pm Monday-Thursday and 9am-9pm on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays.
Seaside Heights Boardwalk and Beach Pricing
Beach Badge Pricing:
- Weekdays: $8/person over 11.
- Children under 12: free
Weekly and Seasonal Badges:
- Weekly Badge: $35 (Sunday through Saturday)
- Season badge: $45 if purchased on or before May 15, $60 after May 15
- Senior Season badge: $10, must be 65+
The beach also offers various specialty free or discount days throughout the year.
Parking at Seaside Heights and Seaside Park is surprisingly easy and readily available.
There is metered parking from April 1st – October 31st ranging from $1-$2/hour. Private lots are also available.
You may also be able to find various street parking nearby within walking distance.
Finally, there is free parking in the Sumner Avenue Lot at the entrance to the town. It is adjacent to the merry go round horse monument and is an approximately three-block walk to the boardwalk and beach from the lot. Overnight parking is not permitted.
Casino Pier Pricing:
Casino Pier rides and attractions use a credit system. Credits can be used on rides,
- 1 credit: $1
- 25 credits: $25.00
- 55 credits: $50.00
- 120 credits: $100.00
- 200 credits: $200.00
- Triple Play: Breakwater Beach, Go-Karts, 18-Hole Golf: $53.00 adult, $48.00 child
- “XTREME” Pack: SkyCoaster, Shore Shot & Skyscraper: $39.95
- 2-Hr Pier Wristband (Excludes Go-Karts, Sky Ride, Skyscraper, SkyCoaster): M-F – $37.95, Sat/Sun – $40.95
- Ride and Slide Admission: admission to the waterpark and a wristband for unlimited pier rides (Excludes Go-Karts, Skyscraper, Sky Ride & SkyCoaster) – Over 48″, $70 ; Under 48″, $64
Breakwater Beach Pricing:
All Day Admission:
- Over 49″: $39.95
- Under 48″: $33.95
- Seniors (65+): $19.95
- Spectators: $29.95
Sold after 3 pm
- Over 49″: $29.95
- Under 48″: $23.95
- Seniors (65+): $15.95
- Spectators: $18.95
Purchased between 9:30am and 10:30am
- Over 49″: $34.95
- Under 48″: $30.95
- Seniors (65+): $19.95
- Spectators: $24.95
- Wacky Rooftop Gold – $7.50/person
- Go-Kart – $10.00/driver, $2.50/passenger
- Shore Shot – $8
- Skyscraper – $20
- Sky Ride – $4.50 one way, $7 round trip
- SkyCoaster: $35 (individual); $50 (double); $60 (triple)
- Smuggler’s Quay Adventure Golf: 18-hole – $13/adult, $11/child; 36-hole – $17/adult, $14/child
What you’ll find at the Seaside Boardwalk:
There’s no lack of things to do and see at the boardwalk. Here are some of what you can find to spend your day doing.
- Amusement rides at Casino Pier
- Boardwalk games like balloon pop, water gun races, and frog jump.
- Breakwater Beach waterpark
- Smuggler’s Quay Adventure Golf
- Wacky Rooftop Golf
- Classic boardwalk food like pizza, fries, sausage and peppers, ice cream, lemonade and more.
- Seaside Heights Beach
- Bars and Clubs for nightlife
- ..and more!
What is there for littles to do?
Seaside Heights Boardwalk has been increasing its family-friendly profile over the years. Here’s what the kids might love most:
- Boardwalk games where they can try their skills at games like basketball shot, candy wheels, whack-a-mole, ring toss, and frog bog to try and win something.
- Breakwater Beach offers a different way to cool off with numerous water slides, a wave pool, and a lazy river!
- Casino Pier offers rides for kids of all ages.
- Kid-friendly food the entire length of the boardwalk.
- 5 different arcades where they can play games, earn tickets and cool off in air conditioning.
What is there for adults to do at Seaside Heights Beach?
The boardwalk isn’t just for families – there’s a ton for grown-ups to enjoy as well. While everyone can enjoy the beach, games, and food, here are somethings adults may enjoy.
- While adults will love a lot of the giant water slides in Breakwater Beach, make sure you hit up the Plymouth Rock Hot Springs, which is a giant hot tub in the water park!
- Hit up some of the nightlife at 14 different options for bars and clubs.
- Fresh seafood and raw bar restaurants.
Casino Pier Amusement Park:
One of the big draws to Seaside Heights Boardwalk is the amusement rides. There are rides for kids of all ages and sizes.
There are a bunch of rides that littles can ride with an adult and fun for everyone. Add the boats, cars, elephant express, and the mermaid parade to your list of must rides with your kiddos!
Big kids will have fun on more adventurous rides as well, including Hydrus, a rollercoaster with a 72-foot lift and beyond verticle drop. There are also classics like Moby Dick, Musik Express, and the Super Storm.
Need to know about Seaside Heights Boardwalk:
- You may bring a cooler onto the beach, but alcohol and glass containers are NOT permitted. A beach attendant may inspect your cooler.
- Swimming is ONLY permitted when lifeguards are on duty.
- At this time you can only use cash for beach passes – no credit or debit cards.
- No pets are allowed on the beach or boardwalk, unless on special pet days. Service animals are permitted with proper documentation.
- No bikes are allowed on the boardwalk between May 15 and September 15, unless between 6 am and 9 am.
- Lifeguard hours are between 9:30 am and 5:30 pm, weather permitting.