Rock Spring Park in Long Valley, NJ is a great place for the whole family. Featuring Rocky Top Playground for kids of all ages, lots of fields and facilities, your family will love this NJ playground.
Rock Spring Park, Long Valley, NJ
Rock Spring Park us a hidden gem of a township park, located right next to the Washington Township police department. With large, well maintained fields, sports fields, concession stand, and playgrounds, your family will love visiting this unique NJ playground.
What you’ll find at Rock Spring park:
- Four, large all purpose fields, perfect for picnics, kite flying or letting kiddos run wild.
- Four baseball fields
- Three Tennis Courts
- Two Basketball Courts
- Football field with bleachers and adjacent concession Stand
- Pavillion, which can be rented out for parties
- Picnic table area
- Rocky Top Playground, with sections for big kids and little kids.
Need to know info about Rock Spring park:
- Parking is super easy, with 3 different parking lots to choose from.
- No dogs are allowed in the park.
- There are bathroom facilities, but they may be closed during the winter season.
- The playground is not enclosed, so make sure to keep an eye on your kiddos if they’re known to wander. The little kid section is enclosed, but there isn’t a door or gate to completely enclose it.
About Rocky Top Playground:
Rocky Top Playground is the play area at Rock Spring Park in Landing, NJ. The playground is unique in that it features a small, enclosed play area for kids 5 and under with cushy, rubber chips as the base and a low fence that nearly encloses the small area in.
The “big kids area” at Rocky Top playground has multiple slides for kids to go down, swings, monkey bars, and lots of climbing areas. There is even a small rock climbing wall for kids to try.
In between the two play areas is a large, uncovered sandbox with construction and sand toys to play with. There are also plenty of benches (including a swing bench) for parents to sit in while their kiddos play.
FAQs about Rock Spring Park park
Here are a few questions readers ask about this park often.
Can I bring my dog?
- No, dogs are not allowed at this park.
Can I bring food to this park?
- Yes! There are plenty of picnic tables to eat at. If you want to have a party in the covered gazebo, you’ll need to get a permit, though.
Are there bathrooms at Rock Spring Park?
- Yes. There is a bathroom building with men’s and women’s bathrooms, but it is closed during the winter.
Looking for more local NJ playgrounds? Try Turkey Brook Park in Mount Olive.