Riamede Farms in Chester New Jersey is a hidden gem for pumpkin and apple picking Morris County! This farm boasts Pick Your Own fields at an affordable price, a hayride, a well-stocked farm store, and the best cider donuts in the area.
About Riamede Farm in Chester, New Jersey
- Address: 122 Oakdale Rd, Chester, NJ 07930
This lesser known farm is right down Route 22 from popular Alstede Farms but without the fanfare and crazy crowds. Known for their impressive apple orchards, you’ll find 34 varieties for picking throughout the apple season.
You’ll also find pick your own pumpkins of all kinds – but remember to bring your own shears!
Riamede Farm Hours:
- Riamede is open from 9-4:30 daily from September through October.
They stop pick your own after the first hard freeze of the season, but their farm store is open from September through December. Check their Facebook page for opening and you pick updates.
Need to know before visiting Riamede Farms NJ
- Choose your shoes wisely! If walking to the orchards, you’ll be trodding through wet, dew-covered grass. Choose boots or something you can easily wash.
- Bring your own bags. They sell reusable and plastic bags for reasonable prices, but you are also free to use your own.
- Bring shears! If you’re planning to take part in pick your own pumpkins, bring shears to cut them off the vine.
- Cash only. Riamede Farm is a cash only farm, so make sure to stop at the ATM before heading over. There is an ATM in the farmstore.
- Dogs are not allowed at the farm.
What can you find at Riamede Farms
- A large pick your own apple orchard, plus other pick your own finds.
- Freshly made cider
- Fried apple cider donuts made hot right every day.
- Free hayrides to and from the orchards on weekends, though the walk to the apple orchard and pumpkin patch is enjoyable and not far!
- Apples well within reach for small children.
- On your way out, make a wish in the wishing well!
Riamede Farm Pick Your Own
Pick your own at Riamede includes 34 varieties of apples as well as other seasonal produce. They begin picking season the first weekend in September and continue through the first hard freeze,
To get updated on which apples are ready for picking any given day during picking season, call 908 879-5353.
Pick your own fruits and vegetables are charged by the pound and require you to pay a small pick your own admission for adults.