Point Pleasant Boardwalk is often touted as the most family-friendly of the boardwalks in NJ and there’s a reason for that. Packed with amusement park rides, boardwalk games and food galore, and unique things like Jenkinson’s Aquarium, mini golf, and a funhouse, Jenkinson’s boardwalk is one the whole family will love.
Point Pleasant Boardwalk and Beach – Jenkinson’s Boardwalk
- Address: 300 Ocean Ave,
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ 08742
At one mile long, Point Pleasant boardwalk is a family-friendly NJ attraction you don’t want to miss this summer. Jam-packed with summer fun, there’s something for everyone here. From a gorgeous Jersey beach to arcades and amusement rides to famous bars and clubs, Jenkinson’s boardwalk has it all/
Here we’ve compiled everything you need to know about Pt. Pleasant Beach and boardwalk in one place so you don’t have to make any guesses before your trip.
Boardwalk and Beach Hours
The boardwalk is open to the public all year round.
During the summer most attractions and stands open between 10am and 12.
In the summer the beach opens at 8:30 am on weekdays and 8:00 am on weekends.
Point Pleasant Boardwalk and Beach Pricing
Beach Badge Pricing:
- Weekdays: $9/person over 11.
- Weekends and Holidays: $10/person over 11.
- Children 5-11: $3 each
- Children under 5: free
Parking at Pt Pleasant can be a bit confusing, but there’s actually a lot of options. There are privately owned lots you can park in for anywhere from $5-20+ as well as municipal lots with metered parking. The municipal lots fill quickly when it’s busy.
Much parking is free during the offseason. Municipal parking fees are in effect from March 31 – October 31. If you’re willing to walk, there is street parking a few blocks from the beach and boardwalk.
Jenkinson’s also offered paid valet parking.
Amusement Park Pricing:
Jenkinson’s amusement park rides and attractions use a credit system. Credits can be used Jenkinson’s South Rides, Games, Arcades and Attractions.
- 1 credit: $.50
- 20 credits: $10.00
- 50 credits: $25.00
- 110 credits: $50.00
- 250 credits: $100.00
Unlimited Ride Wristbands:
- Mon-Fri 3 Hour Wristband $36.95
- Sat-Sun 3 Hour Wristband $39.95
- Wristband Day Tuesdays 12-6pm $22
- Wristband Night Fridays 5-11pm $22
- Jenkinson’s Aquarium – pricing ranges from $9-15 depending on age. Children under 2 are free.
- Adventure Lookout Ropes Course – Junior course: $7/person, Adventure Lookout Course: $14/person
- 7D Dark Ride – $8 general admission, $24 for a family of 4.
- Castaway Cove Miniature Golf or Lighthouse Point Miniature Golf – $7.50/child, $10/adult
- Fun House – $7 general admission, $13 for 2.
$10 for a standard locker, $12 for a large locker, $15 for a jumbo locker. Locker rentals are available for purchase on their website.
- Single Stroller: $12/day
- Double Stroller: $15 /day
- Wheelchair: $15 /day
- ECV Scooter: $45 /day
What you’ll find at the Point Pleasant Boardwalk:
There’s no lack of things to do and see at the boardwalk. Here are some of what you can find to spend your day doing.
- Amusement rides
- Boardwalk games like balloon pop, water gun races, and frog jump.
- Adventure Lookout Ropes Course
- Jenkinson’s Aquarium
- 7D Dark Ride
- Fun House
- Mini Golf
- Classic boardwalk food like pizza, fries, sausage and peppers, ice cream, lemonade and more.
- Point Pleasant Beach
- ..and more!
What is there for littles to do?
Point Pleasant Boardwalk is the most family-friendly of the boardwalks in NJ. Here’s what the kids might love most:
- An aquarium with sharks, penguins and more
- Boardwalk games where they can try their skills at games like basketball shot, candy wheels, whack-a-mole, ring toss, and frog bog to try and win something.
- Batting cages to practice their swing in the off-season
- Adventure Lookout, where they can test themselves on over 25 thrilling adventures on the ropes course. One for those over 48 inches tall, and one for kids under 48 inches.
- Kid-friendly food the entire length of the boardwalk.
- 4 different arcades where they can play games, earn tickets and cool off in air conditioning.
What is there for adults to do at Point Pleasant Beach?
The boardwalk isn’t just for families – there’s a ton for grown-ups to enjoy as well. While everyone can enjoy the beach, games, and food, here are somethings adults may enjoy.
- Head over to Jenk’s Bar for a live DJ, drinks specials, and a dance club.
- Be sure not to miss Martell’s Tiki Bar which offers tropical drinks on a pier right off the boardwalk.
- Events like “Beers on the Boards” which brings in over 30 different craft beers to taste and a full buffet.
- Fresh seafood and raw bars
Jenkinson’s South Amusement Park:
One of the big draws to Point Pleasant Boardwalk is the amusement rides. There are rides for kids of all ages and sizes.
The train is free for kiddos under 3 with an adult and fun for everyone. It rides around the park and littles adore it. There are also a bunch of rides for littles (and littles only!) – some only require a 22″ minimum. These include the fire trucks, Alligators, airplanes, boats, fish, and more!
Big kids will have fun on more adventurous rides as well. From big bumper cars to Moby Dick to a giant pendulum style thrill ride and a tall plunge one, older kids (and grown-ups!) will find something fun here as well.
Need to know about Point Pleasant Boardwalk:
- Every Thursday in the summer you can catch fireworks (weather permitting) at dark.
- Jenkinson’s uses E-Musement cards to hold your ride credits that are rechargeable. They never expire, so if you have leftovers, you can use them on your next visit.
- You can bring a cooler with food and drinks onto the beach but you CANNOT bring alcohol. They WILL check.
- The aquarium, arcades, and sweet shop are open daily year-round. Jenkinson’s Fast Food Court is open weekends, weather permitting in the off-season
- No pets are allowed on the beach or boardwalk. Service animals are permitted with proper documentation.
- Lifeguard hours are between 9:30 am and 5:30 pm, weather permitting.