Melick’s Town Farm has multiple locations, making grabbing fresh produce and enjoying time on the farm easy. Whether you’re hitting the market for fresh fruit, taking part in pick your own activities, or grabbing some fresh cider, you’ll love this NJ farm.
About Melick’s Town Farm in Califon, New Jersey
- Address: 472 County Rd. 513
Califon, NJ 07830
With 4 locations, Melick’s Town Farm has something for everyone. (And something close to everyone!) The Califon location offers pick your own and family fun, while with Cider Mill and Orchard in Oldwick offers apple picking and fresh cider.
Grab some fresh produce and local items at the markets in Bridgewater or Oldwick if you’re short on time
Whether you come to stock up on local goods or if you’re hoping to pick your own, you’re sure you find something you and your family will enjoy at the farm.
Melick’s Town Farm Hours:
- Oldwick Farm Market – open 7 days a week April – December, 9am-6pm.
- Califon Market and Orchard – open 7 days a week July – Early November, 9am-6pm.
- Oldwick Cider Mill and Orchard – open 7 days a week Mid September – second week of November, 9am-6pm
- Bridgewater Market – open 7 days a week July – October, Weekends only November through Thanksgiving, 9am-6pm
Make sure to check their site for seasonality and hours for specific location
Need to know before visiting Melick’s Town Farm NJ
- Choose your shoes wisely! The majority of the walkable area is dirt and/or gravel. Skip open toes shoes and opt for boots or shoes you can get dirty just in case.
- There are 4 locations. Make sure to check each location first before heading out to ensure you’re hitting the right place!
- Fall Hayrides. At both pick your own locations you can find free hayrides offered most weekends in September and October.
What can you find at Melick’s Town Farms
Offerings differ per location, but here are some of the many things you can find!
- Horse drawn wagon rides (Califon)
- Wagon Rides (Oldwick)
- Pick your own fruits and vegetables when in season.
- a Farm store stocked with fresh pressed cider, pies and homemade baked goods, fresh produce, gift baskets, wine, and more.
- Working Cider Press (Oldwick).
- Scenic Wagon Rides (Oldwick)
Melick’s Town Farm Pick Your Own
Pick your own at Melick’s is one of the biggest draws both locally and from afar. The Oldwick Orchard and Califon locations offer to pick your own, but be sure to call ahead for availability.
Pick your own fruits and vegetables are charged by the pound.
Melick’s Town Farm CSA
Melick’s offers a robust CSA program with multiple pickup locations,
With Melick’s being the largest fruit grower in North Jersey, you can bet a large amount of your CSA box will be packed with fruit weekly. The program runs 22 weeks and pricing varies based on the size of your share.
Participants with paid registration will receive a discount card good on Melick’s fresh produce, including pick your own, all season long! Original size shares receive 15% discount card, reduced size shares receive 10% discount card.