Happy Day Farm in Manalapan NJ is a family farm must visit! This farm boasts Pick Your Own fields, tons of kids’ activities, and family-friendly features. You’ll love visiting all season long.
About Happy Day Farm in Manalapan, New Jersey
- Address: 106 Iron Ore Road
Manalapan, New Jersey
This unique farm in Monmouth county offers berry and flower picking as well as fall festivals and pumpkin picking. Crafted with parents and families in mind, if you’re looking for a farm to visit with the kids, this is it.
Run by a young family with kids and created with the intention to make memories with their children, this farm started in 2012 has quickly become a local favorite. Whether you’re visiting to pick flowers or see their fall festivals, you’re sure you have a blast.
Happy Day Farm Hours:
Make sure to check their site for seasonality – the farm hours may change per season.
Need to know before visiting Happy Day Farm NJ
- Choose your shoes wisely! The majority of the walkable area is dirt and/or gravel. Skip open toes shoes and opt for boots or shoes you can get dirty just in case.
- Bring your own shears. The farm recommends bringing your own cutting shears and a bucket of water to transport your sunflowers home.
- No outside food is allowed.
- Cash only.
- The farm is NOT wheelchair accessible. The terrain is uneven making wheelchairs difficult.
- They offer a lot for families with kids. They have nursing stations, wash stations, and porta-potties throughout the farm.
- No pets allowed.
What can you find at Happy Day Farm
- Pick Your Own berries and flowers
- Fresh squeezed lemonade and shaved ice on Saturdays and Sundays
- Maple sugar tours
- Apple festival
- Pumpkin Festival
- Corn maze
Happy Day Farm Pick Your Own
Pick your own at Happy Day Farm revolves around berries! The farm grows the sweetest blueberries and raspberries from mid June through August. They also offer pick your own sunflowers starting in July.
- Maple Syrup Tours
Pick your own berries are charged by the clamshell, ranging from $3/.5 pounds to $15/4 pounds.
Admission costs $3/person for everyone over 1. This includes a tractor ride.
Events at Happy Day Farm
Happy Day Farm hosts both an apple festival and pumpkin festival each year.
Each festival offers tons of activities with the cost of admission, from animal feeding, pig races, pedal carts, hay maze, corn box, tractor ride, and more!
For an additional fee you can purchase extras like animal feed, point rides, paintball, and pumpkin blasters. These range from $1-$10.
The apple festival features a variety of apple products from cider to baked goods to slushies. You can find live entertainment, activities and attractions here. They do not have any orchards or apple picking, but you head into their 15-acre pumpkin patch.
Admission: $16/person, children under one are free.
Just like with the apple festival, at the pumpkin fest, you’ll find over 35 activities for the whole family. In addition, you can pay an extra fee for feed, paintball, pumpkin blasters, and pumpkin decorating.
The pumpkin patch is open all week long, but the festival runs Friday-Sunday. There is no admission fee when the festival is not running, and pumpkin pricing is $.69/pound.
Admission: Friday: $13/person, Saturday + Sunday: $16/person. Children under one are free.
2020 Festival starts Sept 12.
Happy Day Farms Prices:
Pricing for pick your own is priced by the clamshell.
- $3 – 1/2 pound clamshell (blueberries, raspberries)
- $5 – 1 pound clamshell (blueberries, raspberries)
- $11 – 3 pound clamshell (blueberries only)
- $15 – 4 pound clamshell (blueberries only)
Pick Your Own admission $3/person over 1 year old.
Pick Your Own Sunflower pricing is different. Each flower costs $2.50, with admission ranging from $10/person – $16/person depending on the day.
Cutting shear can be rented with a $5 deposit.
Looking for more family-friendly NJ fun?
- Jenkinson’s Aquarium in Point Pleasant
- Turtle Back Zoo in West Orange
- The Best Boardwalks in NJ
- Alstede Farms in Chester
- Rock Spring Park in Long Valley
Leave a Reply