Demarest farms in Hillsdale NJ is a farm must-visit! This farm boasts Pick Your Own fields, tons of kids’ activities, and family-friendly features. You’ll love visiting all season long with activities from Summer through the Holiday season!
About Demarest Farm in Hillsdale, New Jersey
- Address: 244 Wiermus Rd,
Hillsdale, NJ 07642
This farm in Bergen county offers berry, peach, apple, and even Christmas tree picking well as fall events and holiday lights. Crafted with parents and families in mind, if you’re looking for a farm to visit with the kids, this is it.
With haunted orchards, special Spookly the Square Pumpkin events, movie nights, and a holiday light event, there’s something for everyone at this NJ farm.
Demarest Farm Hours:
Make sure to check their site for seasonality – the farm hours may change per season.
Need to know before visiting Demarest Farm NJ
- Choose your shoes wisely! The majority of the walkable area is dirt and/or gravel. Skip open toes shoes and opt for boots or shoes you can get dirty just in case.
- No outside food is allowed.
- Cash only.
- The farm is NOT wheelchair accessible. The terrain is uneven making wheelchairs difficult.
- They offer a lot for families with kids. They have nursing stations, wash stations, and porta-potties throughout the farm.
- No pets allowed.
What can you find at the Farm
- Pick Your Own Fruits and Pumkings
- Petting Zoo
- Country Store with a deli, salad bar, and even homemade donuts and cider!
- Movie Nights
- Haunted Orchard
- Orchard of Lights
- Spookley the Square Pumpkin event
- Summer BBQ Thursdays
Demarest Farm Pick Your Own
Pick your own at Demarest Farm revolves around fall! The farm grows the peaches in July and August but some September it’s all about fall in NJ. They also offer pick your own sunflowers starting in July.
For the 2020 season, all pick your own requires a reservation. There will be no hayrides this season, so come prepared with proper footwear. Face coverings are also required.
Peach picking cost: $5 per person (Age 2 and over) General Admission, which includes free parking and entrance to peach orchard; plus $12 for a bag to hold the peaches that you pick! (Peach Bag holds approximately 10-12 lbs.)
Apple/pumpkin Picking Cost: $7 per person (Age 2 and over) General Admission, which includes free parking and entrance to apple orchard; plus $12 for a bag to hold the apples that you pick or the largest pumpkin you pick! (Apple Bag holds approximately 10-12 lbs.)
Children 2 and under are free
Events at Demarest Farm
Demarest Farm hosts movie nights, Haunted Orchards, and the Orchard of Lights event. They also host a variety of festivals, including a Wine Fest in August.
Movie nights are drive-through style, costing $25 per car. For events such as the Spookly the Square Pumpkin movie night, any pumpkin of your choice is $10.
The Holiday Lights event includes making your own smores, pictures with Santa, and even singing Reindeer!
Looking for more family-friendly NJ fun?
- Jenkinson’s Aquarium in Point Pleasant
- Turtle Back Zoo in West Orange
- The Best Boardwalks in NJ
- Alstede Farms in Chester
- Rock Spring Park in Long Valley
Leave a Reply