Cape May Zoo in Cape May County is a family-friendly NJ zoo with lots to offer. With animals from giraffes to big cats to bison and experiences like a treetop obstacle course, the whole family will love it here.
Cape May Zoo, Cape May Court House
- Address: 707 U.S. 9,
Cape May Court House, NJ 08210
This Cape May County Zoo is not only a great place for NJ families to visit, but it’s an awesome free zoo in NJ. Boasting both a zoo and an 85-acre park, here you can see over 550 different animals from around the world.
With well over 200 species of animals, you can easily spend the day here. Pack a lunch to eat in the park and wander in and out of the zoo as you wish. This non-profit county zoo is perfect for a leisurely day out.
Cape May Zoo Pricing
Admission to the zoo is free, but the zoo thrives on donations.
Parking is free.
Parking at the zoo is free.
Stroller and Wheelchair Rentals:
Available at the gift shop, but it’s recommended you call ahead and reserve at 609-465-0971.
- Single Stroller: $10/day
- Wheelchair Stroller: $10/day
- Motorized scooter: $30 for the first 3 hours, $5 each additional hour
- Giraffes: $35/person
- Otters: $140/1-4 people
- Camel: $140/1-4 people
- Crocodile: $140/1-4 people
- Guided Zoo Tours: $20/person
Cape May Zoo Hours
The Zoo is open year-round, except for Christmas. Winter Hours are 10 am – 3:30pm
Hours: Zoo hours – 10 am – 4:30pm, Park Hours – 7 am to dusk
What you’ll find at Cape May Zoo
With the support of the county parks commission, the Zoo is constantly adding features to benefit visitors and animals alike. Here you’ll find..
- Hundreds of animals from around the world
- Behind the Scenes tours
- Animal Encounters
- Penny Machines
- Photo booth
- Picnic areas
- Fishing Pond
- Tree to Tree Aerial Obstacle Adventure Park
- Safari Cafe for lunch or snacks
Animals you’ll find at the zoo
With over 800 animals and countless exhibits, your family will adore this zoo!
- River Otters
- Lambs, pigs, chickens, cows
- .. and many more!
Cape May Zoo Events:
CMZ offers multiple different events year-round. These are offered for different prices, but at always sure to be a blast!
- Conservation Day
- Earth Day Celebration
- Santa’s Tree Lighting Celebration
Learn about all of the events on their site.
Tree to Tree Adventure Park
Enjoy this aerial adventure course in the trees of Cape May County, featuring zip lines, net, Tarzan swings, and other obstacles. With course for different ages abilities, there’s something for everyone.
- 3 courses and a zipline, Ages 13+: $50
- 3 courses and a zipline, Ages 10-12+: $40
- 3 courses and a zipline, Ages 7-9+: $30
Zip Line Course
- 5 zip line course, Ages 11+: $35
Need to know about the Zoo
- No outside foods. There is no outside food permitted in the zoo. You are allowed to bring them into the park picnic area.
- No pets. No pets are allowed in either the zoo or park.
- The Treetop course is fun for kids 7+ and adults, with kids and adult courses available. Reservations aren’t required, but especially during busy seasons, they are encouraged.
- Parties are popular. You can rent a pavilion online for your party, but you must rent ahead of time.
- Also, quarters. The petting zoo has food dispensers to feed the farm animals, so you’ll need quarters for that.
- While the zoo is open year-round, the hours to change in the winter.
FAQs about Cape May Zoo
How long does it take to go through the Cape May Zoo?
Expect at least 2 hours to walk through the zoo. It could easily take more, but definitely cut out 2 hours to see everything!
Is the Cape May Zoo free?
Yes! The zoo is free, but it relies on donations.
Can you bring food into Cape May Zoo?
No, outside food is not allowed. You can bring a picnic to enjoy in the park, but they also offer a cafeteria-style eatery in the zoo.